ANZSEE 2015 Conference (19 – 23 October, 2015)
ANZSEE is excited to announce that the 2015 Conference, Thriving Through Transformation – Local to Global Sustainability, will be held at the University of New England Business School, Armidale, NSW from 19-23 October 2015.
- 29 May: First call for abstracts. Stay tuned for details about how to register and submit your abstract.
- 19 June: Second call for abstracts.
- 7th August: Abstract submission closing date
- 14 August: Abstract acceptance confirmation
- 4 September: Earlybird Registration/Indigenous Scholarships closes
- 5 October: Draft papers due (Deadline Extended)
The main conference will be held over five days:
- 19 October: Morning Masterclasses Spatial Economics, Environmental Justice (Ending lunchtime)
- 19 – 21 October: 2 &1/2 days of Conference Proceedings
- 22 October: Field trips (CERRA World Heritage)
- 23 October: Transformation Workshop
Themes and Suggestions
This year’s themes centre on ideas for transforming to a sustainable human existence at all geographical scales, particularly at the local, regional, and remote scales, but also at the national and global scales:
A. Place-based perspectives on sustainability & transformation
B. Institutions for resilience & transformation
C. Economics of equity & distribution in transformation
D. Making the marginal mainstream: expanding horizons
Special sessions: Indigenous Wellbeing; Wilderness; & Local Government
Other suggestions for themes/panels are also invited, particularly where organizations wish to provide sponsorship (see below). For example, there are planned special sessions around Wilderness through support from the Environmental Humanities Network at UNE, another on Indigenous Wellbeing supported by Ninti One Ltd as an Indigenous Participation Sponsor, and another on Local Government Sustainability through support from the UNE Centre for Local Government.
Please email with your suggestions.
Dangars Falls, Armidale
We have already secured a number of exciting speakers including:
- Dr Sabine O’Hara:President-Elect ISEE; Dean College of Ag, Urban Sustainability & Environmental Sciences, Washington DC
- Professor Robert Costanza: Co-founder ISEE, Public Policy Chair, Crawford School, ANU
- Professor Snow Barlow: Leading Scientist, Climate Impacts for Food & H2O Security, Melb Uni
- Dr Haydn Washington: Author, Demysfying Sustainability, UNSW
- A/Professor Ralph Chapman: 2014 PM’s Science Prize, Dir. Enviro-Studies Grad Program, Victoria University of Wellington, NZ
- Professor Rui Cunha Marques: Global Leader in Local Government Sustainability, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portgual
To submit an abstract for a paper/presentation or for a session/panel/workshop please go to our Abstracts Page to submit your suggestions on the required form.
To register your interest please go to the following page:
Current conference sponsors include Ninti One Ltd – Ideas and Innovation for Remote Australia (Indigenous Participation Sponsor), and Environmental and Rural Sciences, University of New England. We are also grateful to the UNE Business School for hosting the conference.
If you wish to discuss sponsorship opportunities including general or indigenous participation sponsorship (Indigenous Participation ), download the relevant prospectuses (Sponsorship Form) and contact Dr Boyd Blackwell, President ANZSEE and Chair, conference committee, +612 6773 3279.
Through the kind contributions of Indigenous Participant Sponsors we are able to offer a number of Indigeous Participation Scholarships. Please download the form here (Indigenous Participation Application) if you wish to apply.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss ideas for the conference please email the organising committee on:
Before registering for the 2015 conference, have you considered becoming a member of ANZSEE? Members can save up to $110 when registering. To find out more, or to become a member today
ANZSEE 2015 Conference Organising Committee
Sponsorship general_info_April 2015.pdf
|Date:||May 4, 2015|
Indigenous Participation Sponsorship_info_1 May 2015.pdf
|Date:||May 4, 2015|
ANZSEE CONF INDIG PARTICIPATION SPONSORSHIP 2015 APPLICATION FORM - finalv2.doc
|Date:||May 4, 2015|